This application has expired.
The role of Senior Engineer will be to manage, review and coordinate the design process of all highways and drainage matters from pre-planning stage through to construction and final adoption of development projects.
The role will also require conducting in-house civil designs on smaller projects. The role will involve working closely with all the business’ group of companies and departments including Land, Planning and Production as well as assisting the contracting arm of the business.
▪ Provide technical support and advice during the acquisition of new sites and development opportunities with the Land & Planning Team.
▪ To set up and monitor the company CAD standards in relation to any internal design.
▪ To set up and monitor any specialist Civil Engineering software required such as Micro Drainage etc.
▪ Research and advise existing site constraints and prepare all site Constraints Plans and Means of Access Plans (utilising Consulting Engineers if/where required).
▪ Research and advise abnormal site conditions that may impact design or development costs.
▪ To assist with feasibility studies when required, such as establishing drainage guidelines in consultation with Water Authority and advising as to whether discharge limits are to be set.
▪ To assist the Technical team with all Engineering related work and manage drawing issues.
▪ Coordinate the delivery of technical information for new and current developments including instructing and managing engineering specialist consultants and dealing with a wide range of technical issues.
▪ To ensure that all S38, S104, S278 & 185 Agreements are in place prior to the site start and completed through to adoption in a timely manner.
▪ Ensure that all sites are furnished with the required drawings to ensure the smooth running of the site.
▪ Ensure that the department value engineers civil to gain value for money on all schemes.
▪ To check all drawings that are supplied by Consultants in relation to the Civil Engineering aspects of developments.
▪ To design roads, drainage and external works for smaller developments.
▪ To liaise closely with the Production Department to ensure all pre-start information is in place such as Welfare Plans, Site Set-Up Plans and Phasing Plans.
▪ To liaise closely with the Production Department to ensure sites are placed on maintenance in a timely manner and ensure adoptions take place, thereby avoiding over runs on Bonds and undertake/coordinate any as-built information.
▪ Clear outstanding planning conditions with local authority.
▪ Liaison with and co-ordination of specialist sub-contractors.
▪ Attend/chair site Pre-start Meetings.
▪ Attend/chair site Project Team Meetings and Design Team meetings, where required.
To be competent in AutoCAD, MicroDrainage/WinDES, PDS, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel packages and demonstrate good communication skills.