Trainee Quantity Surveyor
This application has expired.
Anderson has grown to become one of the UK’s leading contractors to the development industry and a leading residential property developer in its own right. Having enjoyed three decades as one the UK’s leading contractor partners to housebuilders, Anderson entered into the development sector in 2007 and now offers a full-service offering of land acquisition, planning, construction, development, sales and aftersales.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a motivated and personable individual to join our Commercial team as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor. The successful candidate will be fully supported with both informal, on-the-job training and a study package to gain their Quantity Surveying qualification.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on June 10, 2022.
The Anderson Group values diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, religion or belief, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability, marital or civil partnership status.
The successful candidate will assist with the sub-contract procurement process and development project cost control for both residential and commercial developments.
The role will:
- Assist with sub-contract procurement process including the production and issuing of tender enquiries and analysis.
- Assist with issuing of subcontract orders and variations and ongoing contract management of costs to final account.
- Assist with liaising with customer care manager to facilitate the subcontract requirement to cover the defects liability period through to payment of the final retention release.
- Attend monthly Project Team Meetings on active sites.
- Assist in the production of commercial reports and updates as necessary to ensure progress and management of project is being maintained.
- Prelims – assist with the ongoing management of the current cost against the original budget, providing monthly updates of the forecast cost to complete.
- Assist with the processing of subcontract accounts.
- Assist with monthly Cost and Margin Reporting reviewing current cost against original budget.
- Undertake site visits to improve the understanding of construction processes and programme requirements.
Ideally, the successful candidate will:
- Have 5 GCSEs (9-4) including English and Maths, or satisfactory results (Merit/Distinction) in a relevant Level 2 qualification (construction related)
- Possess good time management skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team but able to work independently, as required
- Be comfortable using all Microsoft applications and have robust IT literacy
- Be willing to travel to sites across Essex, Suffolk and Kent