Following on from our success at Carpenters Wharf, just 200 metres away, Anderson Group has plans to develop new affordable workspace and homes on the site at Dace Road, in the heart of Fish Island. With Views across the Old Ford Lock, the former “horse-hotel” location will be enhanced and refurbished to maximise heritage and provide opportunity for local people.
By creating a scheme that preserves the heritage of the local conservation area, and by considering the need to regenerate a site within the up-and-coming Hackney Wick and Fish Island area, we seek to draw on the success of Carpenters Wharf and provide the in-demand affordable workspace and homes that local people desire.
Working with award winning architects Studio Egret West, and with heritage expert Richard Coleman CityDesigner, Anderson Group is certain that this well-designed, demand-led scheme will provide an attractive place to live and work on Fish Island.
• Former stable block with windows well above head height, used for horse storage
• Within the Fish Island and White Post Lane Conservation Area
• Within a designated flooding area with defences
• Challenging urban location; maximising development coverage required close interaction with adjoining owners and stakeholders
• Mix-use development will provide affordable workspace and A3/4 use for local people, alongside luxury apartments
• Exceptional design fits in with demands and aspirations of the already unique local area